Buenos Dias people! The last couple of days we’ve been talking about the “New Website Development Planning Checklist”. We are now at the halfway point. Today we are covering part 3 of this series entitled “Design and Development”. Let us know your thoughts and feel free to share.
3. Design and Development
There are many things to think about when planning a new website project! The following are some things you may want to consider regarding the design and development before you begin your project:
- Do you have an exisiting Domain Name?
- Is your business name available as a Domain Name?
- How many people at your company need emails?
- Do you currently have a set of Company Colors?
- Are there any existing images (such as logo or photos) that you want to include on your site?
- Do you need/want new graphics, images, flash or banners designed for your site?
- How much content do you plan to have and who will write it?
- Do you need MultiCOLOR Media to do the Copywriting for you?
- Do you need a Members Only Area with a secure log-in?
- Will you need online forms to collect customer information?
- Do you have, want or need a CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) to handle that information?
- Do you want Video or Audio on your site?
- Do you want to offer Quizzes, Surveys or Polls?
While not all of these questions are imperative to answer prior to starting your project, some are, and actually determine how your website is designed and built. Think about it!